Step-by-step plan AFP National Police Check application
You can request your National Police Check in Australia online at the Australian Federal Police (AFP) website.
Below you find the steps you need to follow to complete this application
In Australia, there are two ways of requesting a National Police Check:
1. An application for police check without providing fingerprints
2. An application for police check with providing fingrprints
It depends on the reason why you would need a Police Check from Australia. Always first ask carefully what statement the organization request, so that you choose the right option.
- Start your application with the Australian Federal Police:
- When completing this application, they want you to provide a lot of information, this is all clearly described on the website above.
- Complete the AFP application form and 100 points of identification checklist
1) Make an appointment to have your fingerprints taken (note, these may not be electronic live scan fingerprints, but fingerprints taken with ink on hard copy fingerprint cards).
2) Provide the personal data that is requested after making your appointment. This information is necessary to prepare the fingerprint cards and identity statement.
3) During your appointment your fingerprints will be taken and all documents will be prepared for sending (bring your completed application form to the appointment).
All documents must now be sent to the Australian Federal Police.
Criminal Records - National Police Checks
AFP Criminal Records
Locked Bag 8550
Canberra city Act, 2601
What happens once my AFP National Police Check has been requested?
The moment the AFP has received all your documents, all you have to do is wait. Depending on which option you have chosen, will you receive your statement via secure email as a PDF document or by post.
You've applied for the AFP National police check. All they need is your fingerprints and printed documents. If you are not in Australia you must provide the fingerprints on hard copy fingerprint cards, this means that your fingerprints are taken with ink on the FD-258 fingerprint card.
If you have any further questions or if you are unsure, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will help you with the process.